Q: How long does it take to build a website?
We’re often asked, “how long does it take to build a website?” The answer is, of course, it depends. Roughly 3-6 months is a good rule of thumb for a website build, with complex projects taking longer, and some small projects going quicker. Quick responses and content delivery will also help us trend towards the early mark. Digital marketing Strategy Quick Start projects take about 6 weeks, followed by an ongoing monthly engagement. To answer the “how long” question more fully, though, we’ll need to have a conversation, and cover questions like –
- What is the problem that this initiative will solve?
- What’s working and not working about your existing website?
- Is a website redesign needed or is a website refresh more appropriate?
- What features, functionality, content and integrations are needed or identified as nice-to-have?
- What is the timeline based on your business need for this new website to be deployed and active?
- What extent of resources and effort could be reasonably and appropriately spent on this project?
The steps in our website redesign process are listed in detail on our process page. While it’s important to allow enough time for each stage, In tight timeline scenarios, we can often problem-solve together to deliver critical needs ahead of project delivery.