The Problem: Your website isn’t generating quality leads for sales, but as a small, time-strapped marketing team, you don’t have the time to develop robust improvement strategies.
Getting the right message to the right person at the right time isn’t always as simple as it sounds. A website that doesn’t produce quality leads makes marketing departments feel like a cost center instead of an investment in future growth.
Our on-demand virtual course, “B2B Website Strategy for Lead Generation” will help you become a confident B2B web strategist that produces quality leads for your sales team.
We help small, stretched-thin B2B marketing teams catch up to quickly evolving modern marketing strategies and tactics.
- Our agency services focus on B2B industrial marketing and website design.
- 90% of our clients market to niche audiences, with multiple personas, long sales cycles, and technical buyers
- We have over 50 5-Star Reviews on Clutch and Google, and have been featured in Constant Contact’s Manufacturing Marketing Guide.
Leverage B2B Industrial Marketing Strategies
Jump Start your Results
Customize Your Plan
Working with Windmill has provided us with a new outlook in the digital marketspace and how we can achieve better results.
When it comes to making the most of your budget, time, and effort, an ounce of planning is worth a pound of results.
Take time now to invest in the future success of your marketing and sales.
This course is full of actionable, practical guidance that will help you plan and prioritize your efforts to attract higher quality website leads.
You’ll be taught how to plan a website that generates quality leads, through either redesign or agile improvements. You’ll receive templates for creating personas and features that work for converting MQLs and SQLs. The course includes ways to generate consensus, prevent scope creep, jump-start content development, and crafting a high-converting user experience and content strategy.
Unlike generalized marketing advice that’s geared toward B2C one-size-fits-all approaches, this course is focused on the unique needs of B2B industrial marketers in small teams. You’ll learn how to prioritize your own efforts, doing more with less while attracting the right people and providing them with the right experience.
The main focus will be on improving your website, either through complete redesign or existing site improvements that increase lead quality and quantity.
- Become a confident B2B web strategist
- Focus your efforts in producing more value and wasting less time
- Plan and implement a website that produces quality leads for your sales
Module 1: Define the Needs and Goals for Your B2B Website Redesign
- Identifying what’s working and what’s not
- Benchmark the competition
- Understanding analytics and current performance
- Clearly defining website objectives and goals
Module 2: Knowing Your Audience (ICP & Personas)
- Identify your highest value customer groups and define your ICP
- Learn the key persona patterns for B2B technical companies
- Interview customers to get more detail on what they’re looking for
- Create high level personas
Module 3: Articulate Who You Are With Positioning & SEO
- Learn how to clearly outline what you do, who it’s for, and why people should care
- Identify critical services, products, and revenue drivers
- Write a draft positioning statement
- Clarify your elevator pitch
- Identify primary SEO keywords
Module 4: Guiding Visitors to Critical Actions – Generating MQLs and SQLs on Your Website
- Learn recommended B2B SQL and MQL strategies
- Define your SQLs (primary CTAs)
- Define your MQLs (soft conversions)
- Define user flows toward MQLs and SQLs
- Define how your website fits into your digital marketing and sales strategy so that the site is planned around marketing ROI
Module 5: How to Prioritize Features for a Successful Industrial B2B Marketing Website Redesign
- Perform competitive research
- Get input from internal stakeholders
- Prioritize and justify your plan according to revenue and business objectives
Module 6: Website Content Strategy – Planning Critical Website Content
- Learn the key pieces of website content strategy
- Create a prioritized list of needed content types
- Create a plan to jump start content development
- Include SEO keywords in your content and pages
Module Coming Soon!
Module 7: Organizing the Homepage User Experience of Your Industrial Marketing Website
- Learn critical best practices for B2B technical website organization
- Define your main navigation and site structure
- Create a wireframe of your homepage
Module Coming Soon!
Module 8: Writing a B2B Website Strategic Plan
- Create a plan that allows you to drive a website redesign toward success
- Prioritize a plan for agile rollout to an existing website
- Plan how marketing channels interact with your website
Module Coming Soon!
This course is for you if:
- You’re on a small marketing team within an industrial or manufacturing company
- You’re tech-savvy, and well-versed in the complex product or service that your company offers
- You want practical advice and a framework for planning a website that generates quality leads
- You want to avoid falling into potential traps like scope creep or lack of ROI.
- You worry about the result of hiring designers that don’t have your business interests front and center
- You feel the need to be involved in planning your website strategy if you’ll be held accountable for its results
- You believe that marketing can and should be delivering quality leads that drive sales within a B2B complex sales environment
Step 1. Sign up online
Step 2. Schedule a personalized welcome call
Step 3. Block your calendar
Step 4. Implement your strategy
- Guide to Three Key Analytics Reports
- Pre-made templates for B2B technical sales personas
- Deal quality report template
- Internal Stakeholder Survey Template
- Feature Prioritization Template
- B2B content strategy roadmap
- Guide to writing successful B2B website copy and case studies
- Guide to implementing on page SEO
- B2B Homepage quick start framework
Frequently Asked Questions about the B2B Website Strategy for Lead Generation Virtual Training Course
What is the time commitment for this course?
The course runs for eight weeks, and each week will consist of up to an hour of course material, plus an optional group call (up to one hour), and homework/course material (assume up to an hour per week). Assume 1-3 hours per week.
I’m in B2B SAAS software, is this course right for me?
SAAS products follow different patterns than B2B complex products and services, so this course isn’t the best fit for SAAS marketers.
I market a complex product or service to consumers, is this course right for me?
This course isn’t the best fit for B2C marketers because it focuses on technical B2B products and services instead of general B2C product and service promotion.
Will this course cover e-commerce?
No, B2B e-commerce is outside the scope of this course. This course is centered around marketing websites intended to generate leads that are closed by sales teams in a complex or consultative sale.
What technology do I need for the course?
You’ll need the free version of Zoom to attend weekly calls, and access to either Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
Will this course teach me how to design or code a website, or the technical aspects of implementing features?
No, this course is geared toward planning and strategy, including features, content, and UX. It assumes that you either A) will be working with an in-house or freelance team to implement the plan, B) will be hiring an agency to implement the work, or C) already have the tools and ability to edit or build a website, but need strategic guidance.
Will this course teach me how to measure traffic, bounce rates, time online, and how to understand my web’s true impact on my business?
Yes. While we keep analytics to the most important metrics and KPIs, we provide benchmarks and instruction on measuring and understanding your current performance, setting goals, and measuring improvement.
Is this course really just content marketing, or a sales pitch?
No, we fully expect most students to implement their plan with their existing team. We built this course as a vehicle to bring our expertise to a larger group of people than we can help with agency services. Our team is available to consider right-fit projects on a case by case basis but there is no pressure and no sales pitch.
How much is inaction and lack of a strategic plan costing you in lost leads?
Are you willing to leave the planning of your biggest marketing asset to an agency? Invest in your future with this virtual course.
While you check your calendar, learn more about our approach in Your B2B Sales & Marketing Flywheel — From Website to Leads and Closed Deals. Succeed in modern B2B marketing by aligning your sales and marketing teams and fine tuning your website and marketing strategies to provide a stream of qualified leads.