We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About The Opportunity:
The Digital Marketing SEO Specialist is responsible for hands-on execution of digital marketing-related activities, projects and initiatives focused on SEO (On-site, Technical and Content). Some PPC and Paid Social may be part of the role, depending on the skills of the applicant.
This person must be comfortable communicating with and presenting analytics and rationales to clients, and contributing to overall strategy, as well as rolling up her or his sleeves to bring strategic recommendations to life in partnership with account- copy- design- and code-focused counterparts. This is a remote/WFH position, on a fully virtual team.
The role is that of a hands-on digital marketer that goes beyond implementation of best-practices, to customizing smart solutions for each specific client. You’ll implement digital marketing strategies within a multi-functional team, ensuring Windmill delivers the best possible results and customer experience for its clients and customers.
- Execute, and contribute to strategy & planning of inbound and outbound marketing campaigns on behalf of clients
- Execute content development, syndication, distribution, and link-building strategies
- Generate SEO site audits and reports through a technical, content and off-site lens to ensure adherence to SEO best practices
- Analyze and translate data from web analytics into actionable plans
- Advise clients on SEO best practices as well as the strategy to implement them
- Create digital marketing plans and discuss them with clients and prospects, in collaboration with an account manager.
- Build and optimize powerful B2B digital marketing to build brand and interest for our clients, who primarily serve niche markets and industries
- Manage as needed (daily,weekly, monthly) reporting and communication regarding campaign development, timelines, analysis, and results.
- Monitor SEO performance by utilizing SEO tools such as SEMRush, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Data Studio.
- Synthesize information to clearly communicate key learnings, actionable strategy, testing opportunities, and recommend new opportunities to internal stakeholders and partners.
- Develop annual, quarterly and project-level SEO strategies designed to maximize performance across Technical, Content and Off-site SEO to achieve business goals
- Conduct ongoing keyword research to apply a customer-first lens to marketing initiatives; use these insights to support strategic and tactical recommendations across clients’ digital ecosystems
- Ensure alignment between paid search and organic search strategies
- Advise on content types, topics, and keywords to explore to maximize clients’ search rankings
- Depending on your PPC background & skillset, duties may also include:
- Craft and manage PPC campaigns in Google Ads, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Manage digital advertising budget and spend, including bid management
- Execute bid changes based on pacing and performance
- Continuous analysis of paid search campaigns to identify potential opportunities, providing recommendations for optimization through ad copy, keywords, ad groups, targeting, bidding, and landing pages.
Skills and background:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for digital marketing, SEO, PPC, ABM, content marketing, and learning new skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- 5+ years experience with SEO/digital marketing
- Experience developing link building strategies a plus
- Intrinsic drive to maintain current skills and knowledge while also pursuing ongoing knowledge of the changing SEO landscape
- Demonstrated success managing accounts for multiple clients, partners or divisions. Agency experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with popular Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Shopify, Magento, HubSpot, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, Google PageSpeed Insights, Google Data Studio, Hubspot, and other third-party SEO reporting tools (Moz, Spyfu, SEMrush, etc.).
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, client and server-side technologies a plus
- Knowledge of Google Ads, LinkedIn advertising platforms a plus
- Google Ads and Google Analytics certifications a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Apps
- Experience working with mid-sized B2B brands in our target industries (technical, industrial, life sciences, manufacturing) a plus
- Deep experience with inbound strategies is required; experience with ABM and sales/marketing alignment is a plus.
- Ability to build reporting based off web behavior and key SEO metrics
- Strong creative aptitude, including a keen eye for design and copywriting
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Working knowledge of lead generation website and eCommerce best practices
- Strong knowledge of the web development process and fundamentals of digital marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, including the capability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving mindset with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate across multiple disciplines to accomplish a common goal
- Able to effectively operate and complete complex tasks with minimal oversight
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and links to three live website projects that you’ve worked on (with a description of your role in the project) to Windmill Strategy: firstname.lastname@example.org