We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About The Opportunity:
This role is of a client-facing project manager, who serves as the primary point of contact for your group of existing client accounts. You’ll balance keeping projects on time and on budget, nurturing and growing client relationships, and protecting Windmill’s interests with sane project schedules and healthy project profitability.
You are smart, realistic, logical, results- and process-oriented. You live to address client needs and to plan and execute strategies that guide the success of both our clients and Windmill Strategy.
You will keep projects successful and on track throughout their lifecycle by managing budgets and timelines and prioritizing assignments. You thrive on keeping clients happy and well-informed, and turning them into raving fans of our team and process.
You are a natural problem solver and communicator, with the ability to negotiate between the needs of the client, Windmill, and our internal team to create win-win solutions. You have deep knowledge of web and digital marketing processes, think quickly on your feet, and are a pro at delegation. You balance big picture goals and important details to ensure successful project outcomes.
Most importantly, you want to join a team of great people who are passionate about growing our company, and helping our clients succeed.
- Comprehend the essential dynamics, strategies and drivers of the client’s business.
- Be warm, likable, and a good listener.
- Share your knowledge of web design/development, graphic design, and branding solutions. Show how they solve a client’s business and marketing needs. Our customers trust you as their expert guide.
- Collaborate with the team to create project estimates, proposals and planning documents, then execute against high-level strategies and goals set forth at the kickoff.
- As the main point of contact for projects large and small, you promptly return client emails and calls, communicate proactively and apply their feedback toward the collective best outcome for the project.
- Collaboratively schedule and balance the workload of a small team of designers, developers, strategists and outside vendors/contractors. Hold the team accountable to deadlines, and drive results and efficiency.
- Assist in continuous evolution of internal processes and strengthening existing client relationships.
- Follow up with clients on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction, review needs, and develop plans for future projects.
- Facilitate client meetings (in collaboration with other team-members) and ensure that feedback is complete and received in a timely manner.
- Objectively make recommendations and present decision alternatives, negotiate effectively and influence project stakeholders to create win-win solutions.
- Identify and resolve risks in meeting schedule and budget constraints and hold yourself accountable for project momentum, quality, client satisfaction, and company profitability. Maintain and communicate realistic timeline and budget expectations.
- Create and manage client-facing project schedules and internal task assignments and priorities.
- Review billing and invoices for accuracy and profitability.
We’re a small team of expert practitioners who are multidisciplinary and often wear many hats. Other activities you might assist with, depending on your background, include:
- Proofread and QA copy, web and design deliverables to ensure requirements and quality standards are being met.
- Train clients in using their CMS installations (typically WordPress) and create client-facing website documentation.
- Guide and facilitate content creation by writers and/or clients.
- Use Google Analytics, Heatmap reports and other analysis tools.
- Make small CMS edits to existing client websites.
- Other related responsibilities may be assigned as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
Skills and background:
- Experience in and knowledge of the creative and technical requirements of web design, web development, digital marketing, SEO, analytics, print/graphic design and branding
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Prioritizes accuracy, logic, problem-solving and action.
- 2+ years at a digital agency in account, project or traffic management and a proven track record
- Proactive communication habits: adept at asking the right questions to create clarity and answering client questions before they have to ask
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Conversant and familiar with WordPress and Shopify, able to pick up other software tools easily.
- A positive attitude; effective listening skills; empathy, assertiveness and an ongoing interest in learning
- Leadership qualities: honesty, integrity and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Mac user with Microsoft Office, Google Apps experience (Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus, but not required)
- Ready to become a power user of Liquidplanner
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
Account Project manager key accountabilities:
- Managing client expectations and satisfaction
- Proactive project and client shaping and leading
- Company resource planning & prioritization
- Primary client contact & relationship manager
- Client orientation, handling of disputes
- Grow existing client relationships
- Owns client billing (in collaboration with accounting), A/R followup
- Nurture, pitch and close prospects
- Objective pricing and estimates for projects and tasks
- Coordination & quality standards of inside and outside resources
- Deadline compliance
- Scope & budget compliance
- Risk mitigation
- Project process/procedure
- Notes, assets, client CRM information
Please email a cover letter, résumé, salary requirements, and links to three live website projects that you’ve worked on (with a description of your role in the project) to Windmill Strategy: email@example.com