We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About the Opportunity:
and visual design for B2B websites, including sitemaps and wireframes, content strategy and the overall visual design of the entire website. While this is not a development position, you should have an understanding of how websites are developed (or be willing to learn from our developers), have a sensitivity to HTML/CSS to facilitate clear communication with the development team, and have a basic understanding of how CMS systems work from a user perspective, including the ability to edit content within a WordPress website.
This is a remote/WFH position, on a fully virtual team.
You are an optimistic self-starter, who is creative and can work both individually and as part of a team. You find joy in solving problems, making things more usable on every level, and simplifying the complex.
You’re a lifelong learner and you understand how business works in a way that allows you to translate a client’s business, marketing, and sales goals into concrete, executable recommendations. You love learning about how complex products are made, sold, and work in our clients’ supply chains.
You’re confident presenting and explaining your work and flexible to client and team collaboration, always shepherding the client toward the best solution to meet their goals and needs; you know when to give the client what they actually need, vs. what they asked for.
- Collaborate with the team to understand client needs and deliver smart solutions that provide value and optimize usability, business, and technical needs.
- Create effective UX and visual design deliverables including sitemaps, navigation, wireframes, UI visual design, and UX strategy of marketing and lead-generation focused websites, ecommerce websites, and web applications.
- If you have graphic design/brand design experience, you may occasionally work on print collateral and brand assets. (Print design experience is not required, but is a plus.)
- Work closely with our development, content and SEO teams to create work that not only looks good, but truly works for both our clients and our process. Collaborate with developers throughout the design and development cycle.
- Ensure deliverables are of high quality and consistent with creative direction, best practices, and guidelines. Work with project management to ensure this team meets its deadlines.
- Communicate clearly, taking a leadership role with clients when presenting design and UI/UX decisions and gathering feedback, in collaboration with our management team. Actively listen and tailor your language to varying client stakeholders, from C-suite to specialists.
- Provide accurate estimates of effort to create deliverables; identify risks and uncertainty.
- Update existing websites with layouts and designs that fit or improve upon existing standards.
- Other related responsibilities may be assigned as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
- A strong portfolio demonstrative of a working knowledge of web design and UI/UX best practices.
- Awareness of complementary disciplines including marketing/business strategy, human interaction, SEO principles, accessibility, content strategy, and user experience.
- Personally accountable, responsible, and dedicated to creating value and success for Windmill and our clients.
- Proven ability to efficiently and effectively devise creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work quickly when needed, be flexible to changes, and able to strike a strong balance between perfectionism and value for the client.
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills to build effective partnerships and lead across functions and business areas, within Windmill and with our clients.
- Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – you can be clear, down to earth, approachable, and concise.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively work in a variety of subject matter.
- An optimistic, can-do attitude; effective listening skills; assertiveness and objectivity.
- You have an ongoing interest in learning and self-improvement. You’re an avid adopter of new technologies, and pay attention to trends.
- Strong organization, prioritization and project coordination skills, including the ability to juggle several projects and deadlines concurrently when needed.
- A self-starter who can work with a team and manage projects independently, while efficiently delegating to and overseeing others.
- Able to work in a Mac environment with expert level mastery of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.