We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About The Opportunity:
This role is of a client-facing, digital marketing-focused project manager. You’ll work closely with an account manager (who will be the primary client contact), with your focus on resourcing, budgets and timelines. This includes managing the team to deliver work that exceeds the client’s goals, is delivered on time and on budget, and protects Windmill’s interests with sane project schedules and healthy profitability.
This is a remote/WFH position, on a fully virtual team.
You are smart, strategic, realistic, logical, results- and process-oriented. You live to address client needs and to plan and execute strategies that guide the success of both our clients and Windmill Strategy.
You are a natural problem solver and communicator, with the ability to negotiate between the needs of the client, the Account Manager, and our internal production team to create win-win solutions. You have deep knowledge of digital marketing processes and how they relate to client success in a B2B environment, think quickly on your feet, and are a pro at delegation.
Internal and external project teams turn to you for strategic guidance throughout the project, while you balance big picture goals and important details to ensure successful project outcomes for all.
You will keep projects and retainer relationships successful and on track throughout their lifecycle by managing budgets and timelines and prioritizing assignments.
Most importantly, you want to join a team of great people who are passionate about growing our company, and helping our clients succeed.
- Comprehend the essential dynamics, strategies and drivers of the client’s business and guide the strategy of the project and deliverables.
- Be warm, open, transparent, and a good listener who’s not afraid to ask tough questions and share new ideas.
- Understand how individual digital marketing (e.g. SEO, PPC, content, website UX) complement each other in order to manage an effective holistic marketing strategy in collaboration with the account manager.
- Collaborate with the team to create project estimates, proposal timelines, strategies and plans, then execute against high-level strategies and goals set forth at the kickoff.
- Review deliverables to ensure quality standards and client needs are met, in coordination with the account manager.
- Enhance collaboration between cross-functional teams and marketing team members in order create the most effective and efficient project plan.
- Ensure resources are well allocated for successful project execution.
- Collaboratively schedule and balance the workload of a small team of UX and visual designers, developers, digital marketers, writers, and outside vendors/contractors. Hold the team accountable to deadlines, and drive results and efficiency.
- Assist in continuous evolution of internal processes and strengthening existing client relationships.
- Facilitate client meetings (in collaboration with account manager and other team-members) and ensure that feedback is complete and received in a timely manner.
- Objectively make recommendations and present decision alternatives, negotiate effectively and influence the project team to create win-win solutions, especially in regard to project delays and change orders.
- Identify and resolve risks in meeting schedule and budget constraints and hold yourself accountable for project momentum, quality, client satisfaction, and company profitability. Maintain and communicate realistic timeline and budget expectations.
- Create and manage client-facing project schedules and internal task assignments and priorities.
- Review billing and invoices for accuracy and profitability.
- Other related responsibilities may be assigned as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
Skills and background:
- Experience in and knowledge of the creative and technical requirements of B2B digital marketing, analytics, web design, and web development.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Prioritizes accuracy, logic, problem-solving and action.
- 3+ years at a digital agency in a client-facing project management role and a proven track record.
- Proactive communication habits: adept at asking the right questions to create clarity and answering client questions before they have to ask.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Conversant and familiar with WordPress and website UX best practices, able to pick up other software tools easily.
- Conversant and familiar with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (not an up-front requirement but readiness to learn and incorporate those new skills into ongoing strategy recommendations).
- A positive attitude; effective listening skills; empathy, assertiveness and an ongoing interest in learning.
- Leadership qualities: honesty, integrity and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Mac user with Microsoft Office, Google Apps experience (Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus, but not required).
- Ready to become a power user of LiquidPlanner. Confident in managing internal agency bandwidth with client requests and project deadlines.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
Project manager key accountabilities:
- Assisting in client strategy and deliverables
- Collaborative resource planning & prioritization
- Coordination & quality standards of inside and outside resources
- Objective pricing and estimates for projects and tasks
- Establish, manage and monitor project schedules, scope, and budget
- Direct client billing (delegating and working with accountant)
- Deadline compliance
- Budget compliance
- Notes and assets
- Risk mitigation
- Notes, assets, client CRM information
- Project process/procedure