We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in the technical, industrial, and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About The Opportunity:
The role includes a combination of hands-on paid search (PPC) strategy and implementation, along with the building/refining of systems, processes, and best practices for our unique target market, as we grow this side of our business to become a more holistic digital marketing solution for our clients. Work will be implemented within a multi-functional team, ensuring Windmill delivers the best possible results and customer experience for its clients and customers, finding unique solutions of a hands-on digital marketer that goes beyond the implementation of best practices, to customizing smart solutions for each specific client.
The primary channels of paid search marketing for our target audience include Google Ads, Microsoft (Bing) Ads, and LinkedIn Ads; there are other channels and strategy that may be included on a client-by-client basis. Some broader digital marketing strategy, SEO, marketing automation, and/or additional analytics and tracking may be part of the role, depending on the skills of the applicant.
This person must be comfortable communicating with and presenting results, analytics and rationales to clients, contributing to overall strategy, as well as rolling up their sleeves to bring strategic recommendations to life in partnership with others on the team.
This is a remote/WFH position, on a fully virtual team.
The Paid Search Strategist should have a comprehensive understanding of how paid digital media works on its own and as part of a larger B2B digital marketing program, and experience with building, executing, and managing paid campaigns on Google Ads, Microsoft (Bing) Ads, and LinkedIn Ads, as well as and other paid media channels occasionally. You should have at least 3-5 years of experience being client-facing, working on multiple accounts and campaigns at once, putting together performance reports, and working collaboratively with a variety of Account Managers and other Specialists on the team.
You should have strong attention to detail, and an eager willingness to learn from experience and data in a niche environment focused on B2B technical industries, where B2C or enterprise best practices may not apply. In addition to driving the strategic direction of certain ad campaigns, you will also assist with quality assurance, maintenance, and optimization on multiple accounts in collaboration with our team. Being able to manage your work to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple projects, while balancing collaboration, teamwork and work-life-balance is a must for this position.
- Build and optimize powerful B2B PPC campaigns to build brand awareness, MQLs, and SQLs for our clients, who primarily serve niche markets and industries
- Develop, execute and manage multiple campaigns, for multiple clients during any given week
- Build audience targeting plans and campaign structures
- Influence the creative direction of ad content through performance insights and best practices
- Track, monitor, and adjust the performance and budgets for multiple campaigns
- Continuous analysis of paid search campaigns in the ad platform, and in Google Analytics, converting analytics into actionable plans for optimization through keywords, ad groups, targeting, bidding, and landing pages.
- Identify areas of opportunity in a given campaign, account or market including utilizing cross-platform insights to expand audience targeting, improve creative, and A/B test
- Influence organic and website strategy for a given client based on your learnings and results from PPC campaigns, in collaboration with others on the team
- Setup and troubleshoot conversion tracking across campaigns
- Take responsibility for the outcome of your work, collaborating with and assisting with others on the team as needed, ensuring projects are on track and client goals are being met and exceeded
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the company and your department through process and system improvements
Skills and background:
- Experience in paid digital including Google Ads, Microsoft (Bing) Ads, and LinkedIn Ads
- Comfortable in a client-facing role with strong interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, including the capability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively as part of a team with other strategists, account managers, and subject matter experts
- Must be comfortable with data analysis in Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Ads, Microsoft (Bing) Ads, and LinkedIn Ads
- Understanding of organic SEO strategy and the strong overlap between organic and paid
- A good match for Windmill’s key characteristics and critical actions, and enthusiasm for our mission of helping industrial B2B marketers escape from ineffective and outdated marketing
- Experience working with mid-market B2B client accounts, technical industries (technical, industrial, manufacturing, engineering, medical device) preferred – or willingness to learn quickly
- Agency experience is a plus
- Intrinsic curiosity and drive to maintain current skills and knowledge while also pursuing ongoing knowledge of the changing digital marketing landscape
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Apps
- Experience with ABM and sales/marketing alignment is a plus
- Ability to build reporting based on web behavior and key SEO metrics
- A holistic mindset that allows you to see how your work impacts and intersects the larger client account and digital marketing campaign
- Problem-solving mindset with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate across multiple disciplines to accomplish a common goal
- Able to effectively operate and complete complex tasks with minimal oversight