We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About the Opportunity:
Windmill Strategy is seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator to join our team to be the core driver of marketing efforts for our own agency. This role is expected to be 60% focused on marketing Windmill “as a client” and 40% focused on billable/client work in the areas of expertise of this individual and role with remaining capacity.
This role is responsible for the execution, management, and continuous improvement of Windmill Strategy’s marketing plan, which is the primary driver of qualified leads and new business opportunities for our agency. This includes the execution of all company marketing initiatives, which include inbound, SEO, Social, and ABM-focused initiatives, while monitoring analytics, metrics and performance, and identifying areas of growth and opportunity. The individual works closely with sales and leadership to ensure that all marketing initiatives are aligned with sales efforts—so that sales and marketing work hand-in-hand to generate high-quality leads from marketing that are nurtured by sales into closed deals that contribute to the company’s goals of sustainable growth and profitability.
This is a remote/work-from-home position, on a fully distributed team.
You are an advocate and go-to expert for all things related to marketing for the company including, but not limited to: content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), Google Analytics, ABM campaigns, email campaigns, social media marketing, copywriting/editing/proofing, and managing/updating the content of the company website. You understand how each tactic in a marketing plan works and how all digital tactics work together to form a comprehensive program that aligns with our business priorities.
As a Marketing Coordinator, you will work with a team of writers and contractors, and generate & assign topics in collaboration with the sales & leadership team, and manage content production from concept through publication. You have good writing skills and are able to write a synopsis, social post, or ad copy to promote content, as well as proof/edit content from others. All Windmill employees contribute content to our content marketing campaign, and this role includes writing article content that fits the Windmill voice and tone, while also coordinating with writers for content production.
You are comfortable communicating with and presenting results to internal stakeholders, and contributing improvements to the marketing plan, as you focus on executing strategies and tactics in partnership with others on the team.
In addition to driving the execution of marketing initiatives, you will also assist with quality assurance, maintenance, and optimization on the work that you’re managing. Proactively managing deadlines and multiple projects, while balancing collaboration, teamwork and work-life balance is a must for this position.
You should have at least 2-4 years of experience in a similar or related role. Qualified applicants will have marketing, SEO, social and website content management experience in an agency or B2B setting, and a broad understanding of digital marketing principles.
- Execute the Windmill marketing plan, including short- and long-term tasks, goals and initiatives; proactively manage and execute all inbound and ABM initiatives, while identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Develop a keen understanding of Windmill Strategy’s positioning, personas and ICP, and sales/marketing goals, and use this to support continuous improvement of our marketing strategies and tactics.
- Manage an editorial calendar that strategically covers Windmill Strategy’s SEO goals, positioning, and the needs/problems/questions of our target personas and ICPs, working closely with sales on topic identification. Execute the content calendar by assigning appropriate topics to team members, delegating writing/editing tasks, and ensuring that deadlines are met well ahead of time.
- Regularly write high-quality and engaging shorter-form content (webinar promotional content, executive summaries, FAQs, social posts, some articles).
- Coordinate with writers and subject matter experts to manage the production of longer-form content such as case studies, gated content assets, and article content.
- Select and/or create visual assets for featured images and social media posts, using stock images and template tools like Canva, Creatopy, and Sketch (with a template).
- Edit, proofread and publish new content to the website regularly.
- Promote website content via social media channels and identify opportunities to repurpose content, posting to social media on a regular schedule.
- Manage, execute, and monitor performance of biweekly email campaigns and monthly webinars, using tools like HubSpot and Zoom.
- Identify opportunities to improve and optimize existing content considering SEO and Google Analytics, as well as positioning and target personas.
- Analyze website and marketing analytics and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage, monitor, and contribute to HubSpot marketing automation workflows and sequences.
- Manage and execute ongoing ABM campaigns using tools such as HubSpot, Growbots, Leadfeeder and Zoominfo.
- Manage Windmill marketing-to-future employee initiatives such as capturing snapshot photos at Windmill events for promotion on social media, publishing job postings, and related social posts when the agency is actively hiring.
- Contribute to the execution of marketing and ABM initiatives for agency client projects and ongoing engagements.
- Other related responsibilities may be assigned as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proven work experience and track record as a Marketing Coordinator
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, including the capability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team of subject-matter experts to accomplish a common goal
- A good match for Windmill’s key characteristics and critical actions, and enthusiasm for our mission of helping industrial B2B marketers escape from ineffective and outdated marketing
- Experience working with mid-market B2B client accounts, technical industries (technical, industrial, manufacturing, engineering, medical device) preferred – or willingness to learn quickly
- Intrinsic curiosity and drive to maintain current skills and knowledge while also pursuing ongoing knowledge of the changing digital marketing landscape
- Problem-solving mindset and project management skills with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate across multiple disciplines to accomplish a common goal
- Able to effectively operate and complete complex tasks with minimal oversight
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Understanding of web publishing requirements and experience using a WordPress website
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of SEO and web performance metrics
- Ability to learn web-based software interfaces quickly
- Proficiency in Google Apps, Slack, Microsoft Excel, and the Mac OS
- Proficient in WordPress or similar Content Management System
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Proficient in LinkedIn for the purpose of social media posting, other platforms a plus
- Experience with HubSpot or other CRM/MAT tools and ability to become an expert
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud tools and/or Canva, Creatopy or Sketch is a a plus
Apply to be a Marketing Coordinator at Windmill Strategy
If you’re interested in joining us, please fill out our job application. Note that we are a fully distributed team, so you can work from anywhere within the United States. US-based applicants only. View all openings.