We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About The Opportunity:
This role is of a client-facing account manager, who serves as the strategist and primary point of contact for prospective website clients, as well as your group of existing client accounts and projects. You’ll balance nurturing and closing new inbound inquiries, keeping projects and client relationships exceeding the clients’ goals, nurturing and growing client relationships, and protecting Windmill’s interests with great client relationships and healthy profitability.
This is a remote/WFH position, on a fully virtual team.
100% of our leads are inbound, resulting from our own marketing efforts. The breakdown of effort between handling new prospects and existing clients/projects is expected to be roughly 1/3 new inquiries and 2/3 existing clients/projects, after an onboarding period with more collaboration on the prospect side from the leadership team.
You are smart, strategic, nimble, objective, persuasive, process-oriented, and not afraid to steer clients in the right direction. You live to address client needs and goals, planning and executing strategies that guide the success of both our clients and Windmill Strategy.
You are a natural problem solver and communicator, with the ability to negotiate between the needs of the client, Windmill, and our internal team to create win-win solutions. You have deep knowledge of web and digital marketing processes, think quickly on your feet, and are a pro at delegation.
Project managers and team members turn to you for strategic guidance throughout the project, while you balance big picture goals and important details to ensure successful project outcomes for all. You have a depth of knowledge about what makes a website become a useful marketing tool for a B2B company, and what goes into producing one. You thrive on keeping clients happy and well-informed, and turning them into raving fans of our team and process, and the results that they get from working with us.
Most importantly, you want to join a team of great people who are passionate about growing our company, and helping our clients succeed.
- Quickly understand the essential dynamics, strategies and drivers of the client’s business and guide the strategy of our proposed solutions, and deliverables.
- Be warm, open, transparent, and a good listener who’s not afraid to ask tough questions.
- Lead new business conversations and meetings, striving for solutions that represent a win-win for Windmill and the prospective client.
- Collaborate with the team to create project estimates, proposals, strategies and plans, then guide the strategy to execute against high-level strategies and goals set forth at the kickoff.
- Promptly return client emails and calls, communicate proactively and apply feedback toward the collective best outcome for the project, pushing back where appropriate to create the best collective outcomes.
- Lead client kickoff meetings and strategy for new clients and projects, with collaboration from the rest of the team.
- Nurture existing and new client relationships and proactively look for opportunities to grow accounts and add value for both Windmill and our clients.
- Share your knowledge of marketing, web design/development, graphic design, and branding solutions. Show how they solve a client’s business and marketing goals. Our customers trust you as their expert guide.
- Assist in continuous evolution of internal processes and strengthening existing client relationships.
- Follow up with clients on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction, review needs, and develop plans for future projects.
- Facilitate client meetings (in collaboration with other team-members) and ensure that feedback is complete and received in a timely manner.
- Objectively make recommendations and present decision alternatives, negotiate effectively and influence project stakeholders to create win-win solutions.
- Review deliverables to ensure that they fulfill our strategic recommendations and goals for the client.
- Review billing and invoices for accuracy and profitability, and follow up with clients on any overdue invoices or issues.
- Maintain updated and accurate client and prospect information in our CRM, HubSpot, and reach out monthly to existing clients with valuable insights.
Skills and background:
- Experience in and knowledge of the creative and technical requirements of B2B marketing, web design, web development, digital marketing, SEO, analytics, UX/graphic design and branding.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in persuasion, delegation, thinking on-the-fly, and poised confidence.
- 3+ years at a digital agency in a client-facing project or account management role and a proven track record.
- Proactive communication habits: adept at asking the right questions to create clarity and answering client questions before they have to ask.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Conversant and familiar with WordPress and Shopify, able to pick up other software tools easily.
- A positive attitude; effective listening skills; empathy, assertiveness and an ongoing interest in learning.
- Leadership qualities: honesty, integrity and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Mac user with Microsoft Office, Google Apps experience (Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus, but not required).
- Ready to become a power user of HubSpot and Liquidplanner.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
Account manager key accountabilities:
- Proactive project and client shaping, strategy and leading
- Primary client contact & relationship manager
- Grow existing client relationships
- Project process/procedure
- Managing client expectations and satisfaction
- Client orientation, handling of disputes, A/R followup
- Nurture, pitch and close prospects
- Grow existing client relationships
- Project process/procedure
- Coordination & quality standards of inside and outside resources
Apply to be a Account Manager at Windmill Strategy
If you’re interested in joining us, please fill out our job application. Note that we are a fully distributed team, so you can work from anywhere within the United States. US-based applicants only. View all openings.