Windmill Strategy understands the unique marketing challenges faced by B2B companies. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About the Opportunity:
This position is ideal for someone with a proficiency and interest in front-end web development, with a background and understanding in general web development. This is not a design position, but you should have a sensitivity to design details, aesthetics, and UX.
While you will be working with a development team, you should be able to develop and launch a simple WordPress site independently. Aside from the development team, you will also work closely with in-house design, strategy, and project management team members.
Web developers have to bring a range of talent to the table, from a knack for technical detail to a broad understanding of user experience and design.
You’re a lifelong learner and you understand how business works in a way that allows you to translate a client’s business, marketing, and sales goals into concrete, executable recommendations. You love learning about how complex products are made, sold, and work in our clients’ supply chains.
You’re confident presenting and explaining your work and flexible to client and team collaboration, always shepherding the client toward the best solution to meet their goals and needs; you know when to give the client what they actually need, vs. what they asked for.
- Collaborate with the team to understand client needs and deliver smart solutions.
- Create clean HTML, CSS, and JS based on project specifications, wireframes, and design files (Sketch, Photoshop).
- Build and test responsive, highly-customized open source CMS-managed websites (primarily WordPress).
- Work from and contribute to flexible boilerplate themes.
- Implement and/or extend plugins, modules, libraries, and APIs to customize display and functionality.
- Test websites for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Learn new CMS, application, and eCommerce platforms as needed.
- Work in a Mac environment using a code editor of your choice along with Git, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive, and Open Office.
- Continuously discover, filter, absorb, and share smart solutions with the team.
- Other related responsibilities may be assigned as needed to help the company operate efficiently.
- Strong web development portfolio demonstrating a working knowledge of clean and efficient coding practices, user experience, and attention to design detail.
- Work independently or as part of a collaborative development team.
- Quickly devise smart solutions to complex problems.
- Interest in learning and evaluating innovative tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with other team members, outside programmers, vendors, or clients.
- Strong organizational time-management skills, including the ability to contribute to several concurrent projects and deadlines, taking responsibility for your portion of the project as it contributes to the whole.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS, accessibility guidelines, and SEO practices.
- Familiarity with CSS-preprocessors (SASS, LESS).
- Extensive experience with WordPress, mid-range experience or ability to grow quickly in your mastery of Shopify, BigCommerce.
Please email a cover letter, résumé, salary requirements, and links to three live website projects that you’ve worked on (with a description of your role in the project) to Windmill Strategy: email@example.com