Windmill Strategy understands the unique marketing challenges faced by B2B companies. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About the Opportunity:
Windmill Strategy is seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Specialist to join our marketing team. Qualified applicants will have direct SEO and PPC experience and agency experience or B2B experience, as well as a broad understanding of digital marketing principles. This is not a junior or entry-level position.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is expected to be an advocate and go-to expert for a wide range of digital marketing-related activities, projects and initiatives spanning SEO (On-site, On-site, Technical and Content), PPC, and Paid Social.
This person must be comfortable meeting with and presenting big-picture planning to clients and new business prospects, as well as rolling up her or his sleeves to bring strategic recommendations to life in partnership with copy- design- and code-focused counterparts.
He or she will also be the leader and core driver of Windmill’s Digital Marketing team and its digital marketing policies, best practices, and offerings.
The role is that of a hands-on leader who sets and implements digital marketing strategies with a multi-functional team, ensuring Windmill delivers the best possible results and customer experience for its clients and customers.
Windmill Strategy believes the following personal traits are essential to be successful in this role:
- Humbly confident
- Business Savvy
- Strategize, plan, and execute SEO, pay-per-click, social media, display, inbound and outbound marketing campaigns on behalf of clients
- Craft and manage PPC campaigns in Google Adwords, Microsoft Advertising, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, and ABM platforms
- Define content development, syndication, distribution, and link-building strategies
- Draft detailed SEO site audits and reports through a technical, content and off-site lens to ensure that they consistently adhere to SEO best practices
- Analyze and translate data from web analytics into actionable plans
- Advise clients on SEO best practices
- Create digital marketing plans and discuss them with clients and prospects, in collaboration with an account manager.
- Work with internal team to ensure that UX, design, development, content strategy is contributing to the success of our clients’ overall digital marketing goals and plans.
- Build and optimize powerful B2B campaigns in Google, Bing & Yahoo across several partners to build brand and interest for our clients, who primarily serve niche markets and industries
- Daily and weekly reporting and communication regarding campaign development, timelines, analysis, and results.
- Manage digital advertising budget and spend, including bid management
- Execute bid changes based on pacing and performance
- Continuous analysis of paid search campaigns to identify potential opportunities, providing recommendations for optimization through ad copy, keywords, ad groups, targeting, bidding, and landing pages.
- Monitor SEO performance by utilizing SEO tools such as SEMRush, Search Console, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Synthesize information to clearly communicate key learnings, actionable strategy, testing opportunities, and recommend new opportunities to internal stakeholders and partners.
- Communicate to a diverse set of teams; use data and insight to make a case for what you need to be successful
- Develop annual, quarterly and project-level SEO strategies designed to maximize performance across Technical, Content and Off-site SEO to achieve business goals
- Conduct ongoing keyword research to apply a customer-first lens to marketing initiatives; use these insights to support strategic and tactical recommendations across clients’ digital ecosystems
- Maintain and manage search tools to identify site issues and collaborate with the development team to resolve defects
- Ensure alignment between paid search and organic search strategies
- Advise on content types, topics, and keywords to explore to maximize clients’ search rankings
- Provide training to others in the organization on issues important to SEO
- Constantly monitor and communicate changes in industry trends and search engine algorithms both internally and to clients.
- Estimate, strategize and support the sell-in of new SEO initiatives, in conjunction with sales and account team members
- Develop working plans for upcoming and in-motion SEO engagements (weekly/monthly resource planning, initiative prioritization, key milestones, etc.) in collaboration with the project management team
- Assign and oversee skill level-appropriate SEO tasks/responsibilities for other team members
- Work with the Windmill leadership team to continuously evolve Windmill’s digital marketing offering.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for digital marketing
- 5+ years experience with SEO, PPC and/or social media marketing
- Demonstrated success managing accounts for multiple partners or divisions
- Familiarity with popular Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Shopify, Magento, HubSpot, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, Google PageSpeed Insights, Google Data Studio, Hubspot, and other third-party SEO reporting tools (Moz, Spyfu, SEMrush, etc.).
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, client and server-side technologies a plus
- Knowledge of the Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, FaceBook, LinkedIn advertising platforms
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certifications a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Apps
- Experience working with mid-sized B2B brands in our target industries (technical, industrial, life sciences, manufacturing) a plus
- Deep experience with inbound strategies is required; experience with ABM and sales/marketing alignment is a plus.
- Ability to build reporting based off web behavior and key SEO metrics
- Strong creative aptitude, including a keen eye for design and copywriting
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Experience building relationships internally and externally, and the ability to collaborate effectively and manage multiple partners
- Working knowledge of lead generation website and eCommerce best practices
- Strong knowledge of the web development process and fundamentals of digital marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, including the capability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving mindset with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate across multiple disciplines to accomplish a common goal
- Able to effectively operate and complete complex tasks with minimal oversight
- Comfort with and a desire to support new business initiatives a plus
- Proven experience effectively managing and mentoring team members a plus
- Agency experience a plus
- Proven track record of successfully presenting search data and recommendations to clients in an approachable, expert way.
Please email a cover letter, résumé, salary requirements, and links to three live website projects that you’ve worked on (with a description of your role in the project) to Windmill Strategy: email@example.com