We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About The Opportunity:
The Digital Account Manager is expected to be an advocate and go-to expert for a wide range of digital marketing-related activities, projects and initiatives spanning SEO (On-site, Technical and Content), PPC, and Paid Social.
This person must be comfortable communicating with and presenting big-picture planning to clients and new business prospects, as well as sometimes rolling up her or his sleeves to bring strategic recommendations to life in partnership with seo- ppc- copy- design- and code-focused counterparts.
This is a remote/WFH position, on a fully virtual team.
The role is that of a hands-on leader who sets and implements digital marketing strategies with a multi-functional team, ensuring Windmill delivers the best possible results and customer experience for its clients and customers.
- Strategize, plan, and oversee execution of SEO, pay-per-click, social media, display, inbound, ABM and outbound marketing campaigns on behalf of clients
- Oversee the management and strategy of paid advertising campaigns in Google Ads LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Define content development, syndication, distribution, and link-building strategies
- Analyze and translate data from web analytics into actionable plans
- Advise clients on SEO and digital marketing best practices
- Create digital marketing plans and discuss them with clients and prospects.
- Work with an internal team to ensure that SEO, PPC, UX, design, development, content strategy, and marketing automation tools are contributing to the success of our clients’ overall digital marketing goals and plans.
- Strategize and oversee powerful B2B campaigns to build brand and interest for our clients, who primarily serve niche markets and industries
- Reporting and communication regarding campaign development, timelines, analysis, and results.
- Oversee management of digital advertising budget, spend, and optimizations
- Monitor SEO performance and recommend improvements
- Synthesize information to clearly communicate key learnings, actionable strategy, testing opportunities, and recommend new opportunities to internal stakeholders and partners.
- Communicate to a diverse set of teams; use data and insight to make a case for what you need to be successful
- Develop annual, quarterly and project-level SEO strategies designed to maximize performance across Technical, Content and Off-site SEO to achieve business goals
- Conduct ongoing keyword research to apply a customer-first lens to marketing initiatives; use these insights to support strategic and tactical recommendations across clients’ digital ecosystems
- Maintain and manage search tools to identify site issues and collaborate with the development team to resolve defects
- Ensure alignment between paid search and organic search strategies
- Advise on content types, topics, and keywords to explore to maximize clients’ search rankings
- Provide training to others in the organization on issues important to SEO
- Constantly monitor and communicate changes in industry trends and search engine algorithms both internally and to clients.
- Estimate, strategize and support the sell-in of new SEO initiatives, in conjunction with sales and account team members
- Develop working plans for upcoming and in-motion SEO engagements (weekly/monthly resource planning, initiative prioritization, key milestones, etc.) in collaboration with the project management team
- Assign and oversee skill level-appropriate SEO tasks/responsibilities for other team members
- Work with the Windmill leadership team to continuously evolve Windmill’s digital marketing offering.
Skills and background:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for digital marketing, SEO, PPC, ABM, content marketing, and learning new skills
- 5+ years experience with SEO/Digital Marketing
- Demonstrated success managing accounts for multiple clients, partners or divisions. Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience working with mid-sized B2B brands in our target industries (technical, industrial, life sciences, manufacturing) is a plus
- Deep experience with inbound strategies is required; experience with ABM and sales/marketing alignment is a plus.
- Strong creative aptitude, including a keen eye for design and copywriting
- Strong visual and verbal presentation skills
- Experience building relationships internally and externally, and the ability to collaborate effectively and manage multiple partners
- Working knowledge of lead generation website and eCommerce best practices
- Strong knowledge of the web development process and fundamentals of digital marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, including the capability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving mindset with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate across multiple disciplines to accomplish a common goal
- Able to effectively operate and complete complex tasks with minimal oversight
- Comfort with and a desire to support new business initiatives
- Proven experience effectively managing and mentoring team members
- Proven track record of successfully presenting search data and recommendations to clients in an approachable, expert way
- Ability to build reporting based off web behavior and key SEO metrics
- Familiarity with popular Content Management Systems such as WordPress, Shopify, Magento, HubSpot, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, Google PageSpeed Insights, Google Data Studio, Hubspot, and other third-party SEO reporting tools (Moz, Spyfu, SEMrush, etc.).
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, client and server-side technologies a plus
- Knowledge of the Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, FaceBook, LinkedIn advertising platforms
- Google Ads and Google Analytics certifications a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Apps