Admin & Marketing Assistant
We’re on a mission to bring the power of modern marketing to B2B technical industries, so they can achieve greater success. For over a decade, we’ve helped B2B marketers in technical, industrial and manufacturing industries accelerate growth through highly effective websites and powerful digital marketing.
About The Opportunity:
This is the role of a nimble, highly accurate and detailed, results-oriented admin assistant who can help support our president and sales/marketing team in making our organization even more successful.
This is a full time (30 hrs/week with full time benefits) remote/WFH position, on a fully virtual team. Contract or alternate hour arrangements will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
You are smart, strategic, realistic, logical, results- and process-oriented. You live to support the team and keep processes and systems on track, becoming the glue that guides the success of both our clients and Windmill Strategy.
You’re a skilled communicator, excellent with technology, and able to figure things out on the fly, as well as follow a detailed process. You are a natural problem solver, and can spot ways to improve existing processes for better efficiency or accountability. A background and/or understanding of professional services for an ad agency, marketing firm or web development company is a bonus.
Most importantly, you want to join a results-oriented team of great people who are passionate about growing our company as a great place to work, and helping our clients succeed.
- Content calendar scheduling, management and delegation of content writing
- Updating website content and posting of new content on website, social profiles, and via email newsletter (Using WordPress, HubSpot, and sometimes LinkedIn)
- Proofreading marketing content
- Scheduling and synthesizing results of yearly client surveys
- Executing the weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly tasks of our marketing plan (coordinating with writers and subject matter experts for content generation and key messages)
- Updating company directory listings
- Occasional research tasks or special projects, i.e. competitor research
- Maintaining and reporting on marketing metrics
- Manage, post, and publicize job postings
- Perform initial screening & scheduling of interviews
- Scheduling, managing and executing hiring, onboarding and offboarding tasks
- Research potential hires, including reference, social media and background checks
- Scheduling, sending and gathering results of quarterly and yearly surveys, sharing with leadership
- Scheduling introductory sales calls for sales staff (with light screening of inquiries)
- Maintaining and updating library of reusable content (in coordination with leadership and sales/account staff)
- Preparation of proposals and sales materials (based on input from leadership and sales/account staff)
- Assist with new client and project onboarding tasks
- Assist with client and project offboarding tasks
- Maintaining and reporting on sales metrics
- Perform minor accounting duties, including:
- Scheduling/coordinating monthly billing process & review (coordinating accountant and internal PM and leadership reviews and sign-offs)
- Reviewing/approving contractor invoices and reconciling with project management
- Answering straightforward client invoice questions (and relaying to project management staff/leadership when more detail or discussion is needed)
- Maintaining spreadsheets for budgets/staffing as needed
- Scheduling meetings
- Screening/responding/routing inquiries that occasionally arrive through our company main phone line and email address
- Team software license management and renewals
- Occasional travel coordination, primarily around twice-yearly in-person retreats
- Occasional sourcing and reservation/purchasing of branded apparel, restaurants/meeting venues, client & employee gifts
- Assist the president with other administrative tasks as needed, including occasional email management while out of office.
Skills and background:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field.
- 3+ years administration or sales and marketing assistant experience.
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Proactive, highly motivated and flexible.
- Comfortable jumping right in and handling tasks as needed, asking clarifying questions and learning new skills and processes.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and activities at the same time.
- Process-driven and efficient, managing big picture goals with highly accurate details.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Able to work efficiently in a Mac environment and easily navigate web-based applications.
- Fluency in Slack, Google Workspace applications including Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides.
- Fluency with marketing and social media tools such as LinkedIn, WordPress CMS (as an editor), basic image searching and editing.
- Ability to dive in, learn and become proficient in new applications as needed, such as HubSpot, AirTable, Bill.com, Growbots, Lead Forensics, Proposify, Zoom.
- Familiarity with and interest in web design/development and digital marketing .
Apply to be an Admin & Marketing Assistant
at Windmill Strategy
If you’re interested in joining us, please fill out our job application. Note that we are a fully distributed team, so you can work from anywhere within the United States. US-based applicants only. View all openings.